Friday, November 23, 2012
Well the first set of the pictures are ready to upload. This is a new skill so hopefully it will work!
This is the fabric, lining, and a very blurry picture of the pattern. I am trying to figure out distance with my camera.
I wanted to make the left hand jacket. It's a pleated back from a yoke. I was hoping to make a barn jacket. Something easy to slip on and run to the grocery store with.
The fabric is a dark plaid that doesn't jump out at you as much as the lining will. I thrifted all the fabric and bought the pattern on a $.99 sale. I am hoping it will not be a total wadder. That, by the way, is a new term that I learned from all the sewing boards I have been reading lately. Truthfully, it's kinda nice to know the proper term for a piece of sewing that goes so wrong, you wad it up and toss it. LOL!
After all these years, now I know. I am not alone! So another shot of the fabric, which is not much better than the first one... hum.
and just so everyone knows... sewing is very messy work. This is a shot of my guest room being consumed by fabric, pattern, and assorted reference books.
yikes!
Next step, basting the interlining to the lining. Keep fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment