It's always ironic how just the right words fall into our hands at just the right moment. Just a bit of background information, I've been reading a wonderful book called, Guiding the Gifted Child, and I just finished the section on; Meltdown and Burnout.
Here around the house Katie has been flying through projects. She has so many projects pulling at her attention, and she is trying to finish all of them. The anticipated melt down finally arrived. Thankfully I understood how to help, some words to reassure Katie. "Not everything started is worth finishing."
What a wonderful concept.
What might start out as a wonderful idea, might turn out to be overwhelming, not worth our time, or a in truth a complete failure. But, that's okay! Knowing how and when to let go, is just as important as knowing when to persevere. Real wisdom is being able to discern the difference and follow the path that is right for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment